Speak to our legal experts on
01924 387 171
17 January 2023
We have an excellent opportunity for a Legal Aid Billing Clerk to join our team. This role is based at our Wakefield Office, and we are looking for someone to join on a full-time basis (Monday-Friday), for immediate start.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the billing and collection of the Legal Aid fees. This will involve (but not be limited to) the following:
1. Management and collection of Legal Aid fees
2. Liaising with and instructing Solicitors regarding interim and final bills.
3. Managing queries in respect of Legal Aid bills and other administrative tasks.
4. Billing of Legal Aid work using our internal case management system (LEAP) and on CCMS.
5. Managing the firms CCMS account ensuring all notifications are dealt with promptly.
6. Chasing case/payment updates.
7. Dealing with all Legal Aid queries including consulting with the relevant Solicitor.
8. Processing Legal Aid payments and notifying Solicitors of overpayments when necessary.
9. Managing any issues arising with outstanding Legal Aid fees, disbursements and expert invoices.
Previous experience in Legal Aid is essential. Candidates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Some customer service and / or clerical experience or relevant experience gained in a similar environment is also a requirement.
We offer a competitive package dependent on experience, and a working environment that values and cares for its team members.
Please send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities: JWP Solicitors are committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. All candidates will be assessed on merit solely.